AT GLASFRYN ESCAPES
Glasfryn Escapes is a small family run campsite located at the top of Fishguard. Where you’ll be heartily greeted by fresh sea air in addition to views of Dinas Head, Fishguard Bay and the Preseli Hills. We are situated in a great position for the ideal Pembrokeshire camping holiday.
The campsite is purposely small and natural so that the space is idyllic, quiet and a unique location in Pembrokeshire. There is an onsite Cafe, large pitches and sea views. We offer plenty of space of families to gather and adults to sit back and relax by the campfire.
Pitches are available for tents, camper-vans, motor-homes and caravans. Our small site has only eight pitches, split into two areas; Bay View Paddock (hook-up available) & Meadow Field (car free, tents only, no hook-up).
Open from April/Easter to the end of October.
We belong to the Greener Camping Club as this organisations aims align with our ethos towards sustainable travel. Subsequently we are a members only site. Joining is very simple and done via your booking or the GCC website.
Pitch up at Glasfryn Escapes campsite
There are views overlooking Fishguard Bay and the Pembrokeshire countryside. Come and enjoy lovely Pembrokeshire campsite with fresh sea air!
Small & Natural
Our aim is to provide a natural setting to pitch your tent for a holiday. The large meadow provides a lovely backdrop. Plus only 8 pitches means it's never busy! We are also a Greener Camping Club site.
Enjoy the flavour and especially the experience of food cooked on a fire with our up-cycled fire pit/barbecues. You’ll also be able to enjoy the evening around it toasting marshmallows and looking up at the stars.
Red Onion Garden Cafe is a new addition to our site. Camping guests can enjoy a discount when visiting throughout their stay. Keep an eye out for themed events such as pizza, curry & paella nights.
Our pitches are large enough for you all the family, holiday gear and the little ones (children and dogs). There is a private toilet and shower for each pitch. We also provide large picnic tables too.
Your fur friends are welcome on our site. Explore many of Pembrokeshire's dog friendly beaches and great walks around the county.
The small twins towns of Fishguard & Goodwick offer a great rest-bite for visitors. From the pubs and cafes to refuel. The fabulous historical happenings. And the great scenery!
The Pembrokeshire Coastal National Park has so many things to see do and explore you are spoilt for choice! There's adventurous activities, walking, cycling, eating, drink and relaxing.
''Stayed over night on the weekend and it was fantastic, facilities were great and the view was fantastic and I'll highly recommend this place.''Aaron Richards - Google
''Was here the 6th of July the place was absolutely beautiful and clean the toilets were spotless. Would absolutely recommend to anyone who wants beautiful views and surroundings 5*.''Sophie Reed - Google
HOW TO FIND US
Coming from a North(erly) Direction.
- From Aberystwyth simply follow the A487 all the way to Fishguard, passing Cardigan and Newport.
- As you arrive in Fishguard (after climbing a steep hill) take a left onto B4313/Hamilton Street. *If you've come to a one way system by Co-op supermarket, you’ve gone too far. Simply continue around to the right and back towards Dinas/Newport.
- Continue straight on, all the way up the hill for 1 mile.
- After that, we are on the right.
Coming from a South/West Direction.
- Head along the M4 West and then onto the A40 towards Carmarthen.
- From Carmarthen continue following the A40 towards Fishguard, passing Haverfordwest and Letterston.
- In Scleddau (50mph limit) take a right, (opposite the Gate Inn) and sign posted ‘Red Onion Garden Cafe' and 'Glasfryn Escapes'.
- Finally, follow this road for 1.5 miles and we are on the left near the communication mast.