GREENER CAMPING AT GLASFRYN ESCAPES CAMPSITE
BAY VIEW PADDOCK
The Top Field is a sloped open field which has views over Fishguard Bay and the rest of the site. There are 3 pitches to accommodate tents, camper-vans and caravans with electrical hook-up. Shower and toilet facilities are located in our shipping container. Individual off the ground campfires are available here along with a large communal fire pit. Gill’s chickens are located just behind this field, foraging amongst the small wooded area that provides shelter.
- 3 Large pitches
- Tents, camper-vans, motor-homes & caravans
- Electrical hook-up available
The Bottom Field is an enclosed, natural field and is our car free, meadow camping tents only area. It stretches down the field looking towards the village and harbour of Goodwick. Here we have five tent pitches that are scattered around a ‘millenial-ithic’ stone circle and sheltered, up against the rugged Pembrokeshire hedges. Individual off the ground campfires are available while you stay here. Shower and toilet block is located in the car park area. We provide trolleys to cart your washing-up, gear and water in. At the rear of this camping field is the main car park and our vegetable garden.
- 5 Large pitches
- Tents only
- Car free meadow
Here are some of the facilities that we offer at our campsite.
We have three pitches with electrical hook-up available for all accommodation types. There is our utility room for charging electronic devices if that is all you need.
Our campsite pitches are large enough for you all you holiday and beach gear. They are roughly 6 x 6metres as a very minimum. There is also a large picnic table provided for each pitch.
Essentially we provide a private shower and toilet per pitch (not shared). Hot showers are to wash away the salt after a day at the beach and the super easy to use compost loos reduce our water use.
The small utility room has; sockets to charge devices or use the hair dryer, a fridge/freezer, ice packs, visitor & emergency information and washing up facilities. Fresh drinking water. Grey water/waste disposal.
We hope to provide a green and sustainable campsite for guests to enjoy with minimal environmental impact. We provide extensive refuse area to help guests to help think about the amount of waste produced and what can and cannot be recycled.
Enjoy the experience and flavour of food cooked on a fire with our up-cycled fire pit/barbecues. You’ll also be able to enjoy the evening around it toasting marshmallows and looking up at the stars.
Red Onion Garden Cafe is a new addition to our site. Camping guests can enjoy a discount when visiting throughout their stay. Keep an eye out for themed event such as pizza, curry & paella nights.
Our site has views over looking Fishguard Bay and the Pembrokeshire countryside. Enjoy the fresh sea air and even if the weather is a bit Welsh you'll have a great experience.
We grow lots of fruit and vegetables that make up the dishes in the cafe. A selection of seasonal produce can be purchased from the cafe alongside fresh free-range eggs for our own hens.
Digital Visitors Guide
We have put together a digital visitors guide to help you before and during your stay with us. It contains so much information for you to use at your leisure. From arrival information and holiday activity planning.
- Our minimum stay is 2 nights and 7 nights during school holidays, however this is negotiable depending on our availability.
- Pitches are based on 2 sharing and up to 6 persons.
- Bookings include use of a self-contained toilet and shower for each pitch.
- As we are a members only site, visitors must be members of the Greener Camping Club (one per pitch).
Prices are per person per night
Adult (16years +)
Children (Under 5)
Family Rate (2 adults & 2 children)
Electric hook-up (per night)
|Gazebos & pup tents
Dogs (max 2)
Club Membership (per year)
A booking at Glasfryn Escapes consists of:
- A pitch for up to six people with single motor home/caravan or tent etc. Campers will have a choice of location (first come first served). There is no additional price for awnings, pup tents and gazebos etc.
- A shower and toilet for use by a single pitch (not shared).
- Access to facilities & utilities: fridge/freezer, electric sockets, hair dryer, ice packs & washing up sinks.
- Additional £12 membership fee to become a Greener Camping Club (1 year) which entitles you to stay on our site and any other GCC sites. We also plan a tree for every membership sign up (only included if you are not a member already).
- Access to a firepit/BBQ.
- 1 bag/trug of logs (free of charge for stays of 5 or more nights).
- Picnic bench.
- Buy our fresh produce; homegrown fruit, vegetables and free range eggs.
- A discount card for Red Onion Garden Cafe to use throughout your stay.
* Reservations and bookings are subject to Glasfryn Escapes booking Terms & Conditions. And certain facilities are offered for free but we will not be held conditional as part of your holiday.
GREENER CAMPING CLUB
Our small campsite is a little different to some of the large campsites you may have found. By joining the Greener Camping Club we (and they) have some stipulations for guests when staying with us to help ensure we can provide a sustainable tourism model for the future. At the same time providing a high quality campsite and holiday destination for guests to enjoy with minimal impact. Plus we plant a tree for every membership sign-up.
This means guests need to keep to the GCC and our site rules. These can be found here.
''We spent two nights at the site over the bank holiday and found it to be very peaceful with stunning views . The facilities are great and they are dog friendly. All in all a very enjoyable stay with very helpful, friendly owners.''Andy, Sarah & Tilly the dog - Facebook
''We had a lovely time at this site the owners are so friendly and accommodating. Great views of the sea and just far enough out of the main town to be really quite fantastic night sky's. We will return.''Tina Hogg - Facebook