Terms & Conditions
2021 Season - Covid Policy
Our Covid booking policy (these are in addition to our standard terms & condition which can be found below):
- Your booking is secured with a 50% deposit and the remainder due 4 weeks prior to your arrival.
- If you are unable to travel due to self isolation or contracting COVID-19 we will refund you (minus GCC membership and a 20% admin fee, this covers our time).
- If the UK governments stop travel (lockdown) for the period of your stay we will fully refund you (again minus GCC membership). If you still wish to stay with us we can offer you alternative dates. However due to high demand and reduced capacity, we may not be able to accommodate you for your chosen alternative dates. We can also offer postponement into 2022.
Our on site Covid Policy:
- We have reduced numbers/bookings so that groups have their own toilet and shower facilities (not shared). Currently we only have the capacity for up to 2 groups/families.*
- We will only be only doing a mid week/mid stay clean of the separate facilities. This is to minimise contamination. It is also due to reduced usage.
- We are still providing shower & bath matts. These are cleaned after every guest and then aired for a week afterwards.
- We won't be providing hand towels.
- Shared facilities (washing up/fridge/utility room) should only be used by one group/family at a time. With surfaces being wiped with disinfectant after use and the windows being open as much a possible.
- Shared facilities will be cleaned cleaned daily.
- We have added sanitiser points around specific contact points (waste area, water, fire extinguishers).
- As part of the Greener Camping Club our pitches have always been large and well spaced out.
- Please be respectful of other guests while onsite and stick to social distancing, good hand sanitation and mask wearing where social distancing isn't possible.
*We are in the process of creating additional shower and toilet facilities so that guests can have separate shower and toilet facilities.
Standard Terms & Conditions
- In the following Terms and Conditions “The guest/ you” means each group member, individual or their respective parents, and “we, our, us, ourselves” means Glasfryn Escapes and any associated staff.
- All prices are correct for 2021.
- The arrival and departure times are as follows. Please vacate your pitch by 11PM so that we can clean and prepare for our new guest s. Arrivals are from 3PM onwards.
- Payment can be made in the form of account transfer or credit/debit card (over the telephone or via email). Any payment made electronically or by telephone confirms acceptance of Glasfryn Escapes’ terms & conditions.
- A confirmed booking is only made once we have received a completed booking form and a 50% deposit for your holiday. We can hold reservations for up to 7 days without payment.
- The remaining balance will be requested a minimum of 4 weeks before your arrival date.
- Greener Camping Club (GCC) membership is payable on on booking along with your deposit. This is non-refundable.
- If you are wanting to book with a short lead time (4 weeks and under), we will request the balance to be paid in full and a completed booking form to secure your booking.
- Week only bookings (7 nights) during school holiday periods. However, shorter periods maybe possible depending on our availability.
- Guests (groups or families) must be a member of the issuing authority, namely the Greener Camping Group. Minimum one member, per group. Membership can be included in the booking fee. More information: http://www.greenercamping.org/membership/site-rules/
- You must comply with site rules. Fair warning will be given but on repeated offences, you will be ask to leave immediately for the safety and enjoyment of you and others on site.
- Cancellation by you, for whatever reason if you need to cancel your booking with us and you do so 4 weeks or more before your arrival date we will refund you minus a 20% admin fee. If you cancel your booking with 4 weeks or less before your arrival we will not be able to give you a refund, unless we are able to re-book your pitch. Then we will refund your booking again minus a 20% admin fee. Finally we advise customers to take out appropriate insurance that covers cancellation, personal injury and property.
- Booking can only be transferred via prior arrangement.
- Cancellation by us, Glasfryn Escapes reserves the right to cancel a camping holiday at short notice if we are unable to provide a safe environment due to; extreme weather conditions, ill health, fire, flooding or any other extenuating circumstances beyond our control. Under such circumstances, alternative dates can be discussed or a full refund will be given. Glasfryn Escapes also cannot accept liability or responsibility for any loss, including consequential loss, caused by cancellation.
- Persons under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- By staying/and booking you comply with the permission of photos being taken to be used by us for advertising purposes.
- We do allow campfires and BBQs on you site, however these must be off the ground and used with charcoal or wood. Please no disposable BBQs. We have our own moveable fire pits/BBQs for you to use and if you bring your own we can arrange some sort of ground protection. Make sure you do not leave your campfire unattended and think carefully about whether or not to light a fire if it is windy. We also have charcoal and wood for sale on site.
- At Glasfyn Escapes we cannot be held responsible for lost, stolen or damage of property.
- As part of the Greener Camping Group a condition of staying with us is that you recycle your rubbish and also think about how much rubbish you create in the first place. We would like you to separate glass, cans, plastic, paper, cardboard etc. and placing them in the special bins provided. What is left, ie. Only items that are none recyclable can be placed in the small landfill bin.
- Please be considerate to other users on site. This means we need you to keep the general noise levels as low as possible (no stereos, radios or sound systems) throughout the day so that you can enjoy the natural environment (acoustic instruments are allowed). Only quite talking will be permitted after 10.30PM. Anyone persistently creating unsocial noise levels will kindly be asked to leave, without refund.
- Wildlife & Nature; although we want to encourage wildlife, it is up to a certain point as they are often looking for an easy dinner. So consider placing food in suitable containers around your pitch, put rubbish and recycling in the appropriate places and don’t leave food scraps lying around, thank you.
- Due to the nature of our site there are brambles, hedges/fencing that could cause minor injuries, so do be carefully when play or walking around site. A first aid kit is available in the utilities room.
- When driving on site the speed limit in 5 MPH to help ensure the safety of our guests. Please stick to the metalled areas when driving. Groups staying in the bottom field, please leave vehicles in the designated parking area. Groups staying in the top field are welcome to park cars next to their pitches (if the weather permits this). If the weather is particularly ‘Welsh’ (wet) we will ask you to leave vehicles either in the carpark or a metalled area to minimise damage to the site.
- At Glasfryn Escapes we also have other agricultural buildings. Some areas are off limits to our guests to help ensure your safety. There will also be vehicles and machinery moving around the site at certain times, so please be vigilant. These risks are small and should be self-evident - but if you are not clear, please ask! Parents are responsible for the supervision of their children on site at all times.
- Unfortunately No Kites are to be flown anywhere on site due to overhead cables causing health and safety risk.
Dogs are accepted strictly by arrangement, as numbers are limited due to being a family campsite. Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times due to the proximity of agricultural land and owners are responsible for the disposal of any fouling.
- Just a reminder that in all enclosed spaces you are not permitted to smoke. Smokers are requested to dispose of butts responsibly either in fires or extinguished are put into the rubbish.
- Electrical hook-up. Responsibility for maximum power loading on pitch electrical outlets is sufficient for lighting, T.V, fridge, microwave oven, shaver, but NOT standard domestic kettle or hairdryer.
- The campsite is responsible for the safety of the electrical system up to the socket on the hook-up point at the pitch. It is the responsibility of the Camper to ensure that the plug, cable and associated sockets used to connect between the hook-up point to the Camper's unit is safe. The campsite will not accept responsibility for any accident or loss arising from the use of unsuitable or unsafe electrical equipment connected to the campsite's hook-up point. Do not let children play around the electric hook-up points or cables.